Thursday, January 17, 2008

it's a snow day...

It is snowing. Snowing hard. I don't like the snow. The snow started at an awful time this morning, too late for school to be canceled, but when it started to fall it came down so fast that they didn't have time to safely get the kids dismissed from school. I was at school with Declan this morning so when it was time for me to leave and get the girls, I took him with me. I was not going back out in the snow.

On my way to get the girls, I got a phone call from my friend Clara, she had an accident on her way to get her daughter from school. We helped her get home and they we braved our hilly neighborhood to get home ourselves. I am not a very good driver in the snow and usually stay home, but today I had no choice(Ben in at work and Bec is in Florida:). I did fine. I drove slowly and my suburban was great in the snow. That being said I am now in for the day and will be happy not to drive in the snow ever again!

The roads in the Harbour are good. It is one benefit to paying all those dues to live here! Only the big hill was closed.

The kids are now bugging me to take them out to play in the snow. Why do they not understand how cold it is! It is really not as fun as the like to think it is!




blog title: Lisa Loeb; Snow Day

1 comment:

Tribe Mama said...

You know you are from Jersey and that you drive a HUGE Suburban that weighs a million pounds right? I hope today's delay turns into a closure for you so that you can stay at home all toasty. It is 5:45 am, I am packing up the last of our stuff and then I will wake the family (husband too) up and we will be on our way!