Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fun, Fun, Fun...

Busy, Busy, Busy, that is what our lives have been. Maggie and I got home late Monday night, my parents came to town on Wednesday night and my brother and his girlfriend were here Saturday and Sunday. In between all that throw in a few doctor appointments, trip to the food store and the start of a new quarter of school and that was our week. I have loved the visit with my parents, but boy am I tired. They will be gone on Tuesday and the kids will be so sad, but we will be there at the end of the month so they will even have time to miss them:)

We went downtown on Saturday with my mom and we took the kids up in the Washington Monument for the first time. They had a great time. Ben and I used to go up all the time when we were living in the city, now that the rules have changed, and you need tickets, we just haven't done it. Now they have and it was fun. We also spend some time at the Natural History Museum, the kids love to see the animals and the dinosaurs. This trip we saw the Hope Diamond, that was pretty cool. Declan also discovered that section on the solar system and loved it. He spent about an hour in there.

Today we went to the new(been open about a year) Marine Museum. It was my first trip there, my parents took Declan last year, this year we all went. It was very cool. And to make the trip worth it, there were a few Marines there in uniform, that always makes me happy:)

Tomorrow, we will hang close to home and Tuesday a trip to the Pentagon is on tap. Wednesday will bring a day of rest, I hope.





blog title: Beach Boys; Fun, Fun, Fun

No comments: