Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's the perfect ending...

I have had a terrible ending to my absolutely wonderful day with my kids. After I cleaned up from dinner the kids and I started to watch The Sound of Music. It was very nice, Declan and Maggie sat on the big chair with me a Killi on the floor at our feet. I really taped it for her, I knew she'd love the singing and dancing, I mean and kid that will sit through Singin' in the Rain three times in a row is sure to love Sound of Music, right? She did, but I didn't realize I had started it so late, and about a third of the way through it was an hour past bed time. Maggie and Declan brushed their teeth and went off to bed with little fight, but not Killi. She threw a fit like I've never seen. Ben heard her scream and came flying down the hall to see what was wrong, he thought she was hurt. My poor little girl was so tired, but wanted so badly to see the movie. She was so so sad. I told her we would watch the rest first thing in the morning, but she still screamed, she was not tired she said. Well, that was 10min ago, she is now pasted out in her bed. Glad she was not tired:)

It makes me happy that she likes old musicals, they are my favorite. She will sit and watch them all with me. It is nice to feel like we connect on something, it is hard with her sometimes, and I love her.

So, tomorrow I will get up and finish the Sound of Music with my Killi before I start my day.






blog title: Sheryl Crow; My Favorite Mistake

2 comments:

Tribe Mama said...

Sorry she freaked, that is so not like her! Hope she likes the ending.

A Jersey Girl said...

She did. And just wants to watch over and over again:)!