Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hey that's me and I want you only...

There are times in my life that I just cannot believe that I am where I am. That I am 32, a mom of three, a wife, a homeowner, a real grown-up. I know that I have been on my own for 11 years, but sometimes, it just hits me that is is all real. That they are my kids making a mess, and my dishes that need to be cleaned, and my house that is so cozy and peaceful, and that I worked for all of this and now I really have it. I love went I have a moment to reflect on my life and all the good things I have. I feel I do not do this enough. I get caught in the craziness of day to day life and forget how hard Ben and I worked to get here and how lucky we are to be here together. We have been through a lot and it took some work, but it is good, even when it is hard, it is still ours, and we did it together. After 17 years together, I can still say I love him and would not want to have all this without him. I look forward to the day that we have time to spend alone, but for now I love the moments with our family.


blog title: Bruce Springsteen; Thunder Road

1 comment:

unschoolingsupermom said...

Congratulations on a fantastic post!!! Live eveyday to the fullest as if it is your last and never look back. Love and happiness is fullfillment. Charles being home is wonderful and we wouldnt have it any other way. The job is good and now Charles is also reflecting on what he wants to do now. Work and continue his degree or do something else.