Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm not aware of too many things...

To know yourself is a journey of great strength. To see your faults, laugh at yourself, be comfortable in your own skin; It is hard to do. It took me years before I could do these things. Not that I ever saw myself as perfect, but boy do I have faults that I now see. My own skin was a bit easier, not sure why, but I don't hate my very imperfect body. The hardest for me was learning to laugh at myself. I believe it takes a great deal of self confidence to be able to laugh at yourself. I do it a lot now. Being in a relation with Ben for as long as I have has helped. I feel safe with him, and because he laughs at me and I trust him, I am able to laugh at myself. Having my children has also made it easier to laugh at myself, they laugh at me and they help me let my guard down.

Now I like my faults, and do not see them as such, I see them as me; I still love my very imperfect body; and nothing is more fun than laughing at myself and all the very goofy things I do:)









blog title: Edie Brickell & New Bohemians; What I Am

No comments: