Thursday, March 6, 2008

INSOMNIA!!!

Insomnia is no good! Again last night I only slept from 4:30 until 7:00. So, in the past five nights I've slept about 18 hours. That is not enough sleep for me. It is getting hard to stay happy or even the slightest bit nice. I am trying to let things go with the kids as I know my fuse is very short and for the most part I have. They have gotten away with alittle more in the past few days, but if we are all getting through the day fed, clean, and safe, I am doing a good job. And if you ask them, I am sure they will tell you I have been harder on them and maybe I have, and probably I need to be:)

Problem with insomnia is for me it recreates a circle of bad habits/issues/problems whatever you want to call them. I get stressed; can't sleep, don't sleep; get depressed, get depressed; become self destructive, turn self destructive; totally depression. This happens once or twice a year pretty bad and It usually ends in a visit from my mom to get things back in order for me( She is the best mom ever:). This time it is a bit different as I can see it happening and am trying to control it alittle more. I am hopeful that through recognizing it, maybe it will not get as bad. Maybe I can over-come it on own. Whatever the outcome, I do know it is just a phase and in a few weeks it will better:)

1 comment:

Tribe Mama said...

Hang in there, I hope you get a really lovely deep sleep tonight.