Sunday, July 20, 2008

NOT GOOD!

To revisit a topic a have talked alot about, my kids are spoiled brats! And 96% of the blame needs to be laid on Husband and me. We have allowed this behavior to go on and on and have even been responsible for buying and buying just because they ask for it. It has to stop. It is going to stop! I am going to stop it!

First, they will have chores. At almost 7, 5 1/2 & 3 they can start pitching in around here. I know that they may not do the BEST job, but it will be something. Second, they are going to start taking care of their things. I WILL NOT BE REPLACING BROKEN STUFF ANYMORE! If that means that they have no toys left, then so be it. Third, we are going to have some order and routine around here.

Husband is really angry this time so maybe it will work. Maybe he will really stick to it and we can change the way we live. Respect, Responsibility and Gratefulness, these are traits and values I want my kids to have and I know it is up to me to instill those in them.

4 comments:

Ree said...

OMG, this sounds like my house!! My boys are 19 and 15 and it still is happening!! We wind up with the attitude: I rather just do it myself...you KNOW the rest!!
Maybe there is HOPE for the Princess @ almost 3yo!! She does actually like to CLEAN!!

Tribe Mama said...

You want me to email you the chore sheets I made for my kids, you can just change the names on top :)

We reached this point to, I will be beginning the chore routine when we get back from my parents. They need to appreciate all that they have!

Megan said...

LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE! Send them to me so we can have some fun. It sounds like you took all the fun away.... :( Good thing Becca has your back with that chore sheet!

Tribe Mama said...

Megan,
Just you wait until Gracie is bigger.....you will see when she rolls her eyes at you or breaks a toy right in front of you to be spiteful, you will be begging for a chore chart!