Friday, July 11, 2008

Loving Every Minute Of It....

Why you ask, is it a beautiful day and we are not at the pool? Let me tell you. It is because my children have decided to actually turn into monsters. Yes, real monsters, I tell you. We have fallen into one of those ruts, you know the ones that most of us Moms get from time-to-time, the ones were you feel like you are busting your hump and on-top of not being paid for the "mom" work, nobody is appreciating it. The past few days have been that way here. Today, at the pool, was my breaking point. The monsters(and I am not using this term in the kind loving my I usually do:) asked me if they could have McDonalds for lunch before we went to the pool and I said sure. So, we got our(their) food and ate it in the car on the way to the pool. We signed into the pool at 1:17pm. And here is how the next 35-40mins played out:

1st- huge fight over WHO was going to get sun screened first(yes, yelling, push and crying)

2nd- splashing me in the very chilly pool

3rd- Declan and Killi holding each other underwater(and then crying about it)

4th- Maggie screaming because I would not stand where she wanted me to in the pool(I wanted to stand in the sun, it was cold)

5th- Killi asking at 1:45 if we could leave no, she was hungry

6th- Maggie screaming at me because she wanted to go in the pool NOW(it was break time, no kids allowed)

7th- Maggie refusing to sit in time-out, screaming, Killi yelling she was hungry, and Declan crying because I was leaving the pool and Maggie was not following me.

All in all, a great trip. Maggie did follow us and I think there were only about 50 people there today to stare at us as my kids screamed as we left the pool. Good Times:)

1 comment:

unschoolingsupermom said...

See this is why I dont care what anyone thinks of me and my children, no matter where we are and what we are doing. It is none of their damn business.