Friday, July 25, 2008

No Phone or Computer...

We spent the better part of the day yesterday with no phone or internet. I am not sure what happened, but the road was torn up at the end of the block and verizon said there was a wide spread outage in my area. I would like to say it was quiet with no phone or computer, but with a cell phone, the phone continued to ring:)

It was a beautiful day here yesterday. About 83 degrees and only a few fluffy, white clouds in an awesomely blue sky. You know the one, the blue is so deep it looks like a picture. The kids and I spend the morning running errands and made it to the pool when it opened at noon. We spent the the next 3 or so hours at the pool. It was a bit chilly when you got out of the pool(which hasn't happened in weeks here:)and you needed your towel and to warm in the sun.

This morning is dedicated to packing for NJ, as the kids and I leave for 2 weeks and I haven't packed a thing. It will get done, it always does. Husband will be home early today(he has an appointment at 2:30)so he should be home by 3:30 or 4:00, so he can help pack(HAHA). It is beautiful here again today so some pool time will be needed this afternoon:) OH- BIG NEWS! Yesterday at the pool, Maggie swam all by herself! No floaty suit, no swimmies just her little arms and legs moving her along. She was even jumping in by herself and swimming by the time we left! She was very proud of herself and so was I!

2 comments:

Ree said...

I have been there!! Quiet, yes...but I was lost w/o the NET and it was for more than a day!!
It was awesome here, as well. Though, I did work up quite a sweat walking!! Today looks like another beaut!! Have a great va-cay in NJ!!

Megan said...

HOORAY FOR MAGGIE! please tell her how proud aunt Meagn is of her and now she will have to teach Gracie