Saturday, July 12, 2008

Good Bye, Tony Snow...

In the almost 12 years that Husband and I have lived in the DC metro area we have done alot of neat things and met a ton of very interesting people. One of my favorite memories of our time here was the day I met Tony Snow. It was a Saturday morning, Husband's was working as the communications director for a Congressman, who was asked to appear on a FOX NEWS show. I wasn't going to go with them, but I went in hopes of maybe getting a glance at Tony Snow(I had a little crush on him at the time:). I didn't expect that he would be there, as it was a Saturday morning, but as we walked into the room there he sat at his desk working away. I was so excited to get a glimpse of him(I am sure I stood there staring at him way longer than I should have)! When he looked back up from his desk(which I am sure he did because he felt my stare:)he smiled and said "hi". My day was made! I was in Heaven! I left there so happy to have said "HI" to Tony Snow.

Years later, Husband worked at the White House during Tony Snow's time as Press Secretary, and I again was lucky enough to share a "Hello" and a smile with Tony Snow and again, even with ALL of the other guests there(The President included:)My favorite part of the evening was Tony Snow's smile and kind "hello".

So, tonight please think about Mr. Snow's wife and young children and how lucky they were to have him in their lives even though their time together was too short. I will miss his smile.

No comments: