Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Almost Summer!

I have to say, I am ready for a break from this whole school thing. I have gone as long as I can with the rules and regulations. I am done. I'd like to know how long it takes them to come up with all their "rules", and if they spend half as much time teaching as they do making and reinforcing "rules" maybe we could get somewhere. Here are a few I really can't stand: 1. Girls, in elementary school(k-5), cannot wear sun dresses unless they have 3 fingers worth of material on the strap! Really! They are 10 and under, strap width matters? 2. Homework is insane and missing recess to do homework is even more ridiculous. Explain to me how it is that when my parents were in school, they went home for lunch and spent less time in school and did better on the SAT's, they also didn't have 3 hours of homework a night. When I was in school the day was not as long and the test scores were better. Not to mention the fact that there were 30 kids in a class with one teacher and not aide. How/Why is it that education is getting worse and worse? 3. The Pledge of Allegiance is creepy. 4. Could they give out anymore candy? Kids are over-weight so hell, let's take away their outside time and fill them with candy, Good Call.

So, I am ready for Summer Break:) My Rules, My Way, for 2 1/2 months!!! I can't wait!!!

5 comments:

Tribe Mama said...

You hit the nail on the head!

Megan said...

I think you are loosing your marbles!!!!! You DO NEED A SCHOOL BREAK!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are candidating to be a HOMESCHOOLER! I'll sign you right up...your denim jumper and kids will be arriving soon!

Anonymous said...

whoops, I mean your denim jumper and KEDS will be arriving soon!

unschoolingsupermom said...

See, this is exactly why I do homeschool. I got tired of listening to the teachers tell me that I wasnt doing enough as parent from home. They would send all of Victorias school work home as homework and expect her as a fourth grader to do it all in 2 hours. Rediculous...I will never send my kids back to the prison that they call school.