Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Stress...

I am sitting here going through the papers, with my husband, to finish our taxes. The only thing worse than taxes, is the husband helping. This is not going to be a fun night(or a short one).

Yesterday, I had one of the two root canals done that I need. It was a bit uncomfortable while Dr. Muhammad was doing it, but it didn't hurt. However, when it was over I was in a ton of pain. It was one of the most painful experiences in my life. Apparently, I had quite an infection in the tooth. I need to be on an antibiotic for 10 days and I got some pain meds too. I took them yesterday, but when I got up today my tooth was okay. It was the first time, in a very long time, that I was not in pain. So, all in all, the stress and lack of sleep on Sunday night was SO not worth it. It was all good. So good in fact, that I am going back to get the other one done on the 29th.

Good news today on the Killi front, I found this guy, Dr. Jay Lucker, he is a leader in the field of auditory processing. He is one of only two people to be published in the field of testing/treatment for children under the age of 7. Best news of all is he is in my backyard. A very short drive away. I emailed him on Sunday night and he called me back this morning, and will see us on March 20th. I am very hopeful he will have answers for us. Bad news on this, he doe not accept any insurance. The 3 hour testing and consult will cost us about $800.00. We maybe able to recover some of that from the insurance company, but who knows. It is a hefty price, but we need to find some answers. I will let you know how it goes.

As you can see from reading this, I am a tad stressed right now. The chiropractor is going well, but I have also decided to give acupuncture a go to help relax. So, on Thursday morning I will head off to see one. I have never been and am very excited to try it. I hope to sleep better afterwards:)

1 comment:

Tribe Mama said...

I am sorry he is stressing you out, husbands can really suck!

I really want to know how the acupuncture goes, if it is good, maybe I will get pincusioned too!