Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another day sitting around eating Bon-Bon's...

Today was a crazy day. All three kids had school this morning so it was a bit rushed and I decided to play "Super Mom" and make the kids eggs and sausage for breakfast. Traffic was awful and it took me an hour and fifteen minutes to drop the kids off at school. By the time I got home, I needed to get showered and back out the door to pick the girls up and meet Bec and Gray for Tuesday lunch at Carlos O'Kelly's(where Shane,our waiter was not in). From there we head to the farm to get milk,eggs and butter for what is becoming a long list of North Stafford friends:) Once back in town I pick up my car and head over to Dr. Tom's for help with the disk( he did work so magic). While there I also met up with a guy who had some estimates for some work I need done, a two-for-one, that was handy:) Next, the girls and I headed to Michaels to pick up some stuff we needed for a craft. And there my world started to unravel. I could no longer make a decision, I wanted to cry. I made it through and we got what we needed. So, off to Becca's we went to wait for Declan. A surprise awaited me there, tea water was on and Bec was anticipating the tears. The only question left was who would shed them first:) Got the kid and headed home. There I was greeted with a load of laundry, dinner to be cooked, and a DirecTV bill that was wrong, and I almost forgot, the three crankiest kids ever! I made dinner, bathed the kids, read with Declan, got clothes ready tomorrow, Declan's lunch made for tomorrow, Killi's snack, ate with the kids, unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded it, returned a few emails, paid some bills, fought with DirecTV, and got the kids to bed.

Then, my husband walked in, to a quiet,clean house with a home cooked meal, and work estimates he asked for and said, "I had a really long day, what's for dinner?" Is he F***ing kidding me? I smiled told him dinner was on the stove and went to fold the laundry.

I know he works hard, but will being a stay-at-home-mom ever be seen as "work"?

2 comments:

Tribe Mama said...

Where are we going on vacation without the husbands and kids?????

Megan said...

I hear you! I hope one day people will see how hard you work!:)