Monday, February 11, 2008

‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom...

Here is another thing I am wondering about...

In Virginia our primary is on Tuesday and I am very excited about it. First, I would like to say that I am a registered Republican. I do not always vote party and should change to an independent, but have just not done so. Anyway, I digress. I think I will vote for Mc Cain, and am happy to share why if you ask, otherwise I will move on and keep my reason to myself.

My son however(he is 6) has been a Barack Obama fan since day one. For over a year he has told anyone that will listen all he knows about Obama. I think this is very cool. It means that since I was a kid we have come so far. The Democratic Party is going to have either the first woman or first black man as their candidate. However, I wonder if the our country is more sexist or racist. Either seems ridiculous to me, but I guess that has more to do with where I grew up. I am happy that my son is 6 and never questioned that a woman and a black man are running for president. He was mored surprised when we told him that this was the first time either would hold the nomination.


So, whatever the outcome in November, I can say that I am proud to be an American. And this has been an exciting election cycle.





P.S. I would have voted for Edwards had he not left!








Blog title: Lee Greenwood; Proud To Be An American

No comments: