Wednesday, April 2, 2008

GOOD NEWS!!! And Life...

First things first, I just saw on Nate's Blog that Tricia is in surgery undergoing a double lung transplant, so please send them some positive thoughts and/or prayers right now. Also, I know they would want you to remember the grieving family that made this moment possible for them. So, if you have a moment, think of all of them.




Ok, onto my selfishness now(which now just seems so wrong). I have never had many close friends in my life and the reason is that I, well there are many reasons. That said, I have more acquaintances then most. Some of this is probably because those that I call acquaintances would call themselves my friend, which is fine with me, but for me to call someone a friend means more. The other reason that I don't have tons of friends is probably because I am lucky enough to have a family that I am very close to(and we are sort of a closed group). We can be nice to outsiders, but don't really let anyone(best friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands) into our little group. We are very hard on each other, but also are always there to pick-up the pieces when needed. And most of all, good or bad, right or wrong, will will defend each other to outsiders at all cost. So, please remember that the next time you are gonna say something mean about my family in shouting distance of me! Sorry, that family rant took me in a direction I was not planning. What I was planning was, that I do not have time for games in a friendship nor to I want to be made to feel badly about myself. It just seems silly to call someone a friend if this is how they make you feel, right?

1 comment:

Megan said...

Good thing we don't have to be nice to other people! We will always be friends :) You are a better person than me, you let outsiders in. I have no time for other people and the bullshit that comes with them!