Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Tough Job...

Husband and I have been faced with some of our toughest parenting issues to date. And while the issues we are dealing with are not nearly as great as what others face daily, they have been tough for us. Declan, our wonderful son, has disappointed us. We have been having some TV issues(him watching what we have said no to) and they are not getting better. Yesterday, He lost his TV for the night and the Wii until Friday. Today, we agreed to give Declan a second chance with the TV and he disregarded what we said and put on the channel anyway. When I went in to check on him it was on, I could not believe it. I actually felt sick. Felt like someone punched me in the stomach, the disappointment was unreal. It was an interesting situation. I was not angry, I was disappointed. What had I done wrong as a parent to make him lie and sneak like that? And how do I make him understand that HE now has to deal with the consequences of his actions? I really wish I had a handbook right about now. One with all the right answers already circled.

No comments: