Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What An Amazing Day!

Although, I did not vote for Barack Obama, I think it is an incredible day in American History. How proud I am to be an American. Proud not only because the United States has elected its first African-American President(which is incredible) but, the election ushered in a complete change in government and it happened peacefully. That is the most incredible thing to me. In so many other countries elections do not take place so safely and freely. We are so lucky!

I am looking forward to the changes that the new Administration will bring to the country and I am hopeful that President-elect Obama will follow through with his promise of bi-partisanship and unite us all. I am happy for Sen. Biden to get the chance to be Vice President and I believe that his experience and leadership will help lead our country. I hope that as VP he gets to stay in DC a few nights a week instead of "training" it back to DE every night, they do have that lovely residence for the VP:)

Now, I am going to sit back and enjoy watching the Cabinet Choices and Committee Assignments, remember I did say I was a political junkie:)

No comments: