Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Monsters School Updates!

We got Declan's report card on Monday. It was good. The grading is done with numbers, 1-4; 1-below 2-working towards 3-meets 4-exceeds standards. He had mostly 3's and 3+. He did have a couple of 2+ though, in the same areas he struggled last year handwriting and showing his math work! The handwriting I fear will hold him off the Honor Roll as both his father and I were C getters in that area:) The math problem thing, is a bit more difficult, he gets the answer, but fails to show his work. He is having trouble explaining his steps, so we will work on that. At least the basic math skills are there so we just need to get him to write down his steps. He is reading awesome, 95% on his 3rd grade level PALS(so that is the level he will read at in school) which he so doesn't get from me as I could barley read until I got into 5th grade- got that was awful! And I really mean I could barely read. I make him read a lot and he is really into these Magic Tree House books, so I am very proud of him.


Killi did not get a report card, I think they only get 3 a year instead of 4. But she has come so far in school in only 2 1/2 months. She barely knew any letters and no sounds and now she knows the names of almost all the names and so many sounds. I'll tell you what, public schools might not be good everywhere in the US, but mine is awesome! Husband and I have had so much support from the staff with Killi it is unbelievable. I am so happy that she is at the school she is with the teacher she has. Not only has she learned so much, but her self-confidence is up because she is able to come home and "teach" Maggie things instead of the other way around:)

As for a Maggie school update, I don't really have one. They make crafts and she is tired when she comes home. The head teacher doesn't complain about her, but because it is a HS program and the HS students are the main teachers, they don't really interact with the parents(I guess we are scary:) But she has an entire year next year to go again before kindergarten, so I am sure she will learn what she needs too, like social skills:) as she is not her sister in that area.

And, That is a wrap on the monsters ans their schooling thus far- hopefully the next update will be just as positive-

No comments: