Thursday, November 6, 2008

Choices...so many of them!

It is almost open season for federal employees for insurance, that means lots of research and phone calls and worst of all- decisions(I am not the best at those:) For as long as I can remember Husband and I had Aetna, until last year. Last year I decided that we should try Blue Cross; it wasn't good. Not that it was bad, but it was not 50% more of a premium better. The questions this year are a: do we go back to Aetna or try United and b: if I go with Aetna, do I by the additional dental plan that would still keep my premiums below what I am paying now for just healthcare, there is not dental to speak of with Blue Cross. Aetna at least offers a little coverage with your basic plan and then you can buy more.

Then I also need to decided how much money to but into my flexi-spend account. Last year I did not put nearly enough in there. I was out out money by March, not good since it was supposed to last until December:)

These are the skills that mothers often acquire with a family, Budgeting, planning, human resources, organizing, management; all skills that are very useful in the business world. I defiantly believe that employers should look more closely at how valuable a stay-at-home-mom coming back into the work force could be.

Well, it is just a thought- but I am just a stay-at-home-mom, so what do I really know anyway:)

No comments: