Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Night Out!

Tonight Husband and I spent the evening at the State Department for a formal cocktail party in Honor of the Foreign Defense Attaches. We got to get all dressed up and hang out with lots of men in uniform. It was a work event for Husband so I of course had to be on my best behavior and not cause any international incidents(which I often do:) The Secretary of Defense was there, so that was pretty neat and it really was interesting seeing military uniforms from over 100 countries. The food wasn't awful either, so that was good. I do have to say that it was not as good as dinner at the White House though(they clearly have a better chef there:)

Bec kept the kids and when we picked they up, she had 4 of six asleep(only Haven and Declan were up) Things seemed to go okay there except for the rug burn on Declan's face were Bec threw him to the floor:) Really, he fell:) Thanks Becca!

2 comments:

Tribe Mama said...

That's what he gets for following me into the laundry room and telling me he wasn't having fun!

Megan said...

It sounds like fun! Sorry I missed it I was at the White House for dinner and I must say that the chef there is great! The Bush's and I had a lovely evening. Sorry I missed your event maybe next time.

FYI I got to wear jeans and flip flops to dinner so it was less formal as your event!