Friday, June 6, 2008

Life's Too Short...

On Wednesday, I got really annoyed at my mom. She said something to me on the phone that pissed me off; so, I hung up on her. I haven't talked to her since(which may not seem like much, but I usually talk to her a few times a day:) Last night when I was getting ready for bed, it occurred to me how silly it was to be angry at her. Why did I care what she said? Was it going to change what I was doing or going to do? The answer is, I really didn't care what she said and have no intention of changing what I was doing based on what she said. I am going to continuing living my life the way I do and make my own choices and I am comfortable with that. I also think that life is too short for me to get myself upset over what some one thinks of me, not even my mom.

And for the record, she really wasn't that mean, I was a bit over sensitive:) And now I am done.

2 comments:

Ree said...

You are most definitely right!! I lost my mother on November 28, 2003. Unfortunately, we weren't talking at the time. The circumstances were much more detailed than yours, but it was still very difficult! My mother was very controling and unbearably hard to be around, but I do miss her. She really wasn't herself at the time of her death but i wish I could have seen her, talked to her! So please don't let a little spat come between you guys!!

Megan said...

Im glad you have come to your senses!!!!!!!!!!!