Monday, November 12, 2007

THE SCHOOL BUS

My son will start taking the bus home from school tomorrow. This has been a big step for me, as I previously told him that mothers that love their children do not let them ride the bus until they are 10. Luckily, he is my son, and did realize(on is own) that all the kids in his class that ride the bus have moms that love them. Anyway, I drive across town to take him to a school that is not our assigned school. I do this for many reasons, but the biggest being that my friend and her family( and the only "family" we have here)live in that district and she has two girls in school there and it keeps them all in the same place.

Anyway, what led to the bus riding is this, School lets out at 3:30pm, I live about 15mins away, but to get to school and near the front of the line I need to leave my house at 2:30pm with my girls(4&2) and sit and wait for 45mins. This is not fun. Not fun alone, but really not fun with a 4 and 2 year old. So, we will try the bus. They are the second stop from the school, so they are on the bus for maybe 15min. Then I can leave at 3:20pm and meet him at the bus at 3:40 and be home at the same time. No more wasting gas(at 3 bucks a gallon) sitting in line for 45min.

oh how I hope this works:)!!!!

1 comment:

Tribe Mama said...

We love you guys too and I promise not to leave him out in the rain if you are not here when they get off the bus. He just comes in, gets himself a drink and a snack, I guess he is comfortable with us :)