Sunday, November 25, 2007

CHRISTMAS TREE AND MORE............

Today we got our Christmas tree; a real one. It is the first real tree Ben and I have ever had. We went out looking for a Charlie Brown Tree and came home with a very nice and full, 6 ft Douglas Fir. I like it ans it smells awesome. Tomorrow we will dress it up, and this year I may let the kids help:)


On another note, I have been having some family issues lately. My 2 1/2 year old has been sooooooooo bad. She spends her day crying and yelling and wanting me to hold and carry her around the house. I am loosing my patience and my body is starting to hurt. I truly do not remember my other two acting this way. They were not perfect at 2, but never like this.

Also, my nearly 5 year old has some learning problems. We are not sure what they are yet and the journey to find answers is getting frustrating and annoying. It seems that nobody has the answer. I have been saying that she has a problem for almost 2 years, and everyone told me she would catch up, now everyone says, there is something wrong, but still no answers. The next two weeks bring us a trip to the pediatrician and the child find office to see if anyone can help.

Lastly, I am on the mend, but not 100%. I feel so much better than I have in a long time. Now if the doctor can just find the root of my auto-immune problems I'll be set.

All this said, I do try to remember how lucky I am. Just about a year ago my 40 year old friend, with three very young children, was diagnosed with cancer and within days had her voice box removed. She has been through chemo and radiation, and is doing great, but can no longer talk without an aide. I am lucky.

My mom told me today of a childhood friend who is struggling with infertility, as I bitch about how awful my baby is. I am so lucky to have my rotten baby. I love her so.

Life is good even when it is crazy. And I am working hard to remember that.

No comments: