Thursday, November 29, 2007

I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!

Being a mom is HARD work. From the time I was 5 I always knew what I wanted to do with my life. I was going to be a kindergarten teacher, get married, and have kids. I am 32 and have achieved the goals I set for myself. For that I am very happy. What I never bargained for was how tough being a mom was going to be, especially with three kids 3 1/2 years apart. Each day brings a new challenge; todays a test in patience. A challenge I seem to be loosing more days than not lately. By the end of everyday, I am so happy to put the kids to bed, not just happy, relieved that my day with them is done. It is not that I don't love them, but boy they are killing me these days.

Today, I took Killi to the pediatrician to have it on record that I believe she has some developmental delays, I am hoping this will help in our fight with the county to get her services. The doctor agreed that she is delayed and sent me on my way with a list of doctors she wants me to see. Now, I am searching for new insurances so that I can find the one that best works with the doctors she needs to see. I printed out the 126 page document for BCBS to see if this is where we go. Tomorrow I will read through a few more. Boy, this is tough. Looking for doctors, insurance, and answers, I am very overwhelmed. I just want to help my child. It is so frustrating, knowing your child needs help and not being able to help them. I will continue on and get the help and services she needs! I won't let her down.

Today was another FANTASTIC day with Maggie! It started about 12:15am when she came in crying, "Mommy I want to hold you", this meant a night sharing a bed with her. Followed by a stiff body from sharing a bed with her, to a grumpy, no patience mommy who listened to "I want to hold you!" all day. She is making me crazy, but I do love her! Ben reminds me every night how much I wanted her:)

Finally, I woke up this morning to find that my dog had found Killi's goop from school and spilled it all over my living room and playroom, it was great. I have new furniture in the living room:( It is clean now, so life goes on.

I am hopeful tomorrow will be a better day. And as hard as my day is, I wouldn't change places with anyone in the world. I have the best family ever (followed closely by the Kelleys :)

1 comment:

Tribe Mama said...

You are too kind, you can tell our secret, we are a bunch of raving lunatics.