Sunday, November 18, 2007

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!!!!

YES, I do know it is not even Thanksgiving yet, but I love Christmas decorations. We spend a lot of time doing up the house for Christmas, and we started yesterday. I went out to the shed to pull out what we had and make sure it all worked so Friday morning we'd be ready to go. Well, we needed a few new things so we took a trip over to WalMart where we ended up with lots of things to go along with all the old thingswe already had. They did not however have the blow-up Santa in the plane that Declan and I had seen at Lowes and wanted. That was okay,and we were prepared to live without it until Rebecca called and said it was going to be on sale at Big Lots today. I was very happy and Declan was over the moon. Ben however would have been fine without it, but he did agree we could get it. So, at 10 this morning Declan and I ran to Big Lots and got our 8 foot Santa in a plane and a few other items to add to the many we already had waiting for us at home.

We got home and Declan insisted on bringing everything we bought inside to show Ben. Kids, sometimes their excitement gets me in trouble! Ben was really ok, and, it was a beautiful day. About 55- 60 degrees so, we put up all our decorations. And yes, everyone that drove by looked at us like we were crazy, but I don't care. This is what makes Christmas for me. LOTS AND LOTS of crazy lights. It's fun. We will not light them until the end of the week, but they are ready to go, and it ROCKS!!!!

No comments: