Sunday, September 27, 2009

Not Happening...

It has been about a month now since school started and we are still not finding a groove. Working school, activities and sleep into a routine is proving incredible difficult and school has not started for Maggie or me yet, that comes next Monday! I guess the positive of Maggie starting school at the same time I am is that I can have quiet time for school work. I can also clean, grocery shop, exercise and PTO...wait, she is only gone for 3 hours a day:)

Football is over in another month and I am not sure we are long for the cub scout world this year. Killi has lots of homework and there is no good time for us to do it. I am glad she is getting the added support she needs, but they are all handing her "extra" homework and that is tough.

I am hoping to get back to spending more time at home with the family. Less stops on the way home. I would like to spend the time after school playing outside with them in the yard and not at the park with other kids. I am finding that playing after school is making the adjustment to home too hard. It takes the kids that much longer to decompress. The cold weather will be coming soon and football will be over, so we will get some good family time soon!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


On another note, Ben and I have decided that we will give the kids what they asked for for Christmas, two days at Disney World! They have been asking for awhile and I told them when Declan was 10(2yrs from now:-)but as our Christmas plans are ever evolving, we posed the question to them, "Instead of a gift from mom and dad for Christmas, would you like to go to Disney"? They were excited and very willing to forgo other gifts...they were even willing to give up Santa's gifts! I was excited that they wanted to spend time together as a family instead of getting gifts! Santa will still bring a few very small gifts for under the tree, but Disney is our big gift!

Declan has a birthday Friday, 8 years old! We started celebrating today and will probably wrap up sometime Columbus Day Weekend:) We will drag things out here for cake:)

No comments: