Thursday, September 10, 2009

All Good Things...

It is not for lack of trying, but I just find it near impossible to stick to a schedule! I really hate them! Well, maybe not hate them but find it difficult to live by them. It's not just me anymore though, the Monsters too are not good with routine! I find that our family does best with a loose guideline. Very little is set in stone and the few things that are, still have some wiggle-room. For example school, getting out the door to school is projected to occur at 8:25am, however they do not HAVE to be there until 9am, so we always have a half-hour to play with. It is the same with school pick up, it can be done between 3:30-4:00pm. Bedtime, no routine there either. I try to get baths done at night, but it is no biggie to do in the morning if need be.

I am told regularly that this is not a good thing and that we need a schedule, a routine, but that makes me unhappy! Crazy even, trying to get everything done the same way ALL the time! My kids do not seem unhappy or un-nerved by are lack of routine, in fact they seem much less comfortable when I try to push routine on them. Maybe I am just seeing what I want to, who knows!

So our house lacks a schedule and has a loose routine, I think I am going to start living with that instead of forcing the unnatural on the fam! Hopefully I will not screw them all up too bad...or I will and they will blame me at the therapist that I will be paying BIG money for:)

No comments: