Monday, September 28, 2009

Bureaucracy...I am so over it!

As I have mentioned several times on my blog, Killi, my perfect middle monster, continues to struggle in school. On Friday, I met with her new "main teacher", she receives primary support and speech from other teachers. We met and like all the others before her, the new teacher has her own opinion of what Killi's needs are. And once again, her "take" is not like the others. It is so frustrating! We have been at this now for 4+ years, and all we can get people to agree on is that something is not quit right. What is "off" you ask? Can't tell you because about 30 different people have given us about 30 different opinions!

Where do we go now? Well, I am very lucky to have a friend that is a special education teacher and is willing to work with her alittle and see if she and see anything. We have been advised by yet another doctor, to request complete IEP testing. However, school officials keep suggesting that we not have the testing done. The doctors tell us that the school doesn't want to pay for the testing and therefore are dragging their feet...School tells us that the doctors are jumping the gun! Who's right?

I am very angry! I feel like we are being lied to, by whom I am not sure. What I am sure of is that what is best for Killi, is not what we are getting. We I sent my baby to kindergarten last fall, she was the happiest baby ever! By the end of November she was crying EVERYDAY about school. Three weeks in now, she cries daily and thinks she is stupid! Something is not working for her! What the hell is it!

Please tell me if you think you know!

No comments: