Thursday, December 20, 2007

TAKIN' EACH DAY AND NIGHT AT A TIME...

No, I am still no closer to being ready for Christmas. I did not wrap a single gift today. Did very little packing too. I am starting to get a little stressed, but on the other hand I am starting to find some inner peace. I am not sure where it is coming from for if it is simply exhaustion, but I will take it because I feel peaceful.
I am not worried about things getting done before we go, and I am not stressed about the 4 days at my in-laws, although I swear that my mother-in-law is trying her best to cause me stress. She calls every night with a new "problem" we have encountered. I simply listen and move on. It is 4 days and it will be fine, maybe fun, ok, fine.

The kids are so excited for Santa and that is making me excited. They are at fun ages for Christmas. I really enjoy seeing their faces opening gifts. I am looking forward to my gift from my brother, and can't wait to share a picture when I get back.

And I got a wonderful gift from my husband last night. He is giving up a trip to Pittsburgh for a playoff game so that I can fly to Florida for my sister's baby shower. It was very unexpected and I am very happy. Sometimes, he is a good husband. The only catch, I have to take the little monster with me, but secretly I would rather not leave her, but he thinks I am helping him out:)

2 comments:

Gem said...

I am also a very busy mom, haven't had the time to wrap not one gift. Enjoyed reading your postings. Would like to hear your thoughts on my blogspot if you can find the time. Enjoy the holiday season!

Gem said...

In response to your earlier question that you asked in regards to my faith. My faith increases with reading, hearing, and meditating on the word of God. I read the Bible, and in times of despair the scripture that I need to get me through begins to play in my mind. My faith is a result of what I allow to enter my conscious. If you hear something, anything enough times you begin to believe it. I have faith that I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me because it has been embedded into my heart and spirit through reading the Bible over and over again. I can only get the things out of myself that I put into myself. So,I chose to fill myself up with God's word and reap the benefits which are comfort in times of despair and unwaivering faith to get me through whatever my life may bring. Faith comes by hearing the voice of God and his voice is found only in his word!