Sunday, February 22, 2009

Are We Really Done With Babies?

I am so excited to announce that my baby, who is not a baby at all anymore, mailed all of her bottles to her baby cousin today! At WalMart today, she asked if she could get-rid of her bottles and replace it with a sippy cup! I was very happy that she was ready to do it! I know it will make many of her family members and friends happy to here! She will now spend the day tomorrow collecting all of the "goodies" she has been promised by all those "bottle haters" in her life!

***************************************************************************************


For the record I would like to say that I, the child's mother, have never pushed her to ditch the bottle. We were assured by the dentist several times that her teeth are fine(as she drinks mostly water) and that letting her keep if indefinitely would not harm her teeth. unfortunately, that is not one of my strong points in parenting, I am inclined to sit back and let those things play-out on their own, i.e. co-sleeping, pacifiers, bottles, blankets. I feel that so much of their lives are controlled that those are a few in which they can control. I am not saying my way is right, just that I do it like that-

So, Maggie's milestone of "dropping the bottle" is a huge one for her!!! Way To Go Maggie!!!

1 comment:

Tribe Mama said...

Yeah Magpie!

Now I have been accused of being a "hater" but Ryan is a bigger one so I always gave into Maggie's bottle love here. I am very excited that she was such a big girl, tell her I owe her something special...her choice...no diamonds.