Friday, January 9, 2009

Today

What a day. It started, well Thursday never really ended, I fell asleep just before midnight and Maggie arrived just after 12:30am with "issues" that needed to be addressed before I was able to try to settle back down. Maggie had other plans. She thought it would be GREAT to throw-a-fit until I caved and let her sleep in the bed instead of on the floor, where she literally pushed-me-out. At 4:30am, Declan woke me up to say he didn't feel well. I checked him out, he had a fever, I drugged him and he headed back to bed, but only for an hour. That brought me to 5:30am, which I decided would be the start of my day.

I was pretty booked for the day, but with Declan sick, I needed to rearrange my plans so that I could nurse him to health. And let me tell you, he has been a very demanding patient. I did get most of what I needed to done thanks to Becca and Lauren! And I was able to escape the house for a few hours to shuffle the girls around.

I did get a reprieve from dinner duty tonight though. With Declan sick and not wanting to eat, Maggie being happy to eat Frosted Flakes(thank you again, Bec:) and Killi going on a date with her dad, dinner and a movie, No one needed a meal! That was nice.

I will spend the rest of the night sleeping lightly, in case Declan needs me, or for Maggie's arrival:( and hope that tomorrow brings a much need day of vegging!!!