Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happenings

I've not been a very good blogger lately. There has not been much to report(same old shit). I thought today I would recap the week for you; husband- work, work, work, commute, kids- school, fighting, whining, not much sleeping, me- driving, cleaning, driving, volunteering, referring, cleaning, yelling, screaming, pleading...and pretty much we all repeated those acts over and over again, day after day. It was a busy, long and COLD week, but that seems to be the way they are. It's okay though, my friend Tammy reminds me that there are only 61 days until Spring!!!

And in the interest of full disclosure, the girls and I are leaving in 10 days for a 5 day trip to warm and sunny Florida!!! The trip has been made possible by a very special little lady who is turning 1!!! I've never been so happy that my niece lives so far away! So, thanks Gracie for inviting us to your party, just make sure the sun is out.

The husband and kids are off Monday and Tuesday for MLK Day on Monday and Tuesday for the inauguration(sometimes it pays to live in the DC metro area:) We get two extra family-fun days! We wanted to head to Appomattox Court House, but they are closed for MLK Day, so we will settle for a trip the the Manassas Battlefield(Battles of Bull Run). The kids(Declan) got a passport for the national parks system, so each park you go to you get stamped; he and Husband are enjoying it, the girls like it too, but not near as much and Declan and Dad:)

I guess that's all- Hopefully tomorrow I will have some awesome pictures of the battlefield for you:)

No comments: