Friday, September 5, 2008

First Week Down!

We made it through the first week of school with only minor issues. We are officially done with the school bus. After the bus didn't pick the kids up on Tuesday and then didn't get them home until 5:30pm that night, today Declan told me that the older kids on the bus were teasing them on the bus today because they had to sit in the back of the bus(and not together) because the Dumbass driver thought it was a good idea for a 5&6 year old to sit with 10&11 year olds on the bus. Whatever, we are done with it! Yes, I will admit that I am a bit over protective of my kids. It is a weird over protective though, I will sit and watch my kid fall-off the monkey bars, but I like to see it and that is how I parent, I watch but let them fall. So, school is very hard for me and I would love to have them home forever but I know that is not best for them. I have been very lucky so far, to have teachers that have been patient with me(because I am a big pain-in-the-ass:)

I am meeting with Killi's teacher on Monday and I am hopeful that meeting with her will put me at ease for the year. As for Declan's teacher, I have already sent a note, stopped in the classroom after school and emailed her- yes, I know it is too much for only 4 days of school and I am sure I am driving her crazy, I am going to back off now!

No comments: