Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1st Day Of School Stress!

Ok, It's 2am and I am still up. Perhaps I am having slightly more anxiety than I wanted to believe over the First Day Of School tomorrow. Killi was a little nervous before she went to bed, which has now made me very nervous for her. I want so much for this to be a positive experience for her and I just have this feeling, call it a mother's intuition, that it is going to be a very difficult year for her and me fighting for her. Problem is, that unless you are a mother, trying to get people on board with your intuition is hard. I guess the best I can do is be thankful that it is only kindergarten, so if it is awful, I won't have much to clean up. Hopefully I will be wrong and all will be wonderful. She is just the sweetest kid in the entire world(and I am not just saying that ask anyone that knows her:) and I cannot bear to think of her struggling through school.

Well, I know this, when she gets home from school, I will have the cake she wanted with the chicken parm that she asked for all ready to go.


And yes, it is also Declan's 1st day of a new school and 1st grade, but he is super cool now and assures me he is going to be fine and I need-not worry about him or Killi as HE will look out for her. Until the morning comes and he begs me to drive him to school and never leave:)

1 comment:

Tribe Mama said...

Hang in there, it may be a bumpy ride, but you are ready.

She will be fine, and so will you, not saying it will be easy, but you will come out on top!

I can attest that Killi is one sweet kiddo :)

Kiss the kids for me!