Thursday, August 14, 2008

UNREAL!

I have been busy. I volunteered to help the local soccer league as an age coordinator, which means that I build teams and find coaches for the teams. Well, let me tell you, I have been calling and emailing parents since Monday and I still have 1 team without a coach. Yet, I have had parents call me and ask me to move their kids to another team. That's right, can I move their kid because they don't have the TIME(or desire) to coach. But that is only one team, about 8 parents, my other 19 teams have all been great. I had quite a few parents offer to coach(after I strongly guilt-ed them:)But, they stepped up for their kid, as did both Husband and I, who are both coaching this fall for the first time(stop laughing:) Well, I'll let you know if a find a coach, but it isn't looking good.

On another note, my littlest monster has become a real-life monster! Any ideas on the 3 year old monster? School isn't coming soon enough:)

1 comment:

unschoolingsupermom said...

The summer of 2005, I was the Club director for our soccer league for our town. Ages 6 thru 11. I had to get coaches, put the teams together, arrange fields at both parks and schools and get equipment to the coaches. We had a drought and lost about a third of our fields that year. I had 52 coaches. I told people straight up, "Look, if one of you does not coach or find a coach, your kid will not play." All the other teams were maxed out and I couldn't move kids around. The state frowned upon going over the limit on kids. What I ended up doing was on one team, I got a mom to coach but got a coach to coach her. So, she had someone helping her with anything she needed. Also, we have coaching classes for people that need help with skills. Then, I got pregnant with Claire and quit in the fall.