Thursday, August 28, 2008

Open House and Bad Service!

We met Declan and Killi's teachers tonight at Open House. It was fine, in that we saw where their classrooms are and got to look at the teachers. What was not good was that there is no time to talk to the teachers or for the kids to really see the teacher. Now, I know this is a different school district, but when I was teaching, we used to have parent conferences BEFORE school started. It was awesome, as a teacher, because you got to meet the parents and they got to tell you all they wanted to about their child. It was very helpful in getting to know the kids and the parents. I know though, that I liked getting to know my parents more than alot of other teachers, but I always felt if gave you insight into the kids, plus I love people. Whatever, it was crazy tonight and Declan's teacher might be 24, if that(not judging she seems very nice:) and Killi's teacher seems much softer than her website leads you to think. I guess we will see what happens as the years progresses.


Now for the awful part of the evening, we thought we'd eat at IHOP as it was right near the school- BAD move. The service was so bad that we waited 45min for cheese stix, and they for got Killi's dinner. Plus we were there an hour and a half! It was no good, and no it was not busy. In fact, only half of the restaurant was being used. Needless to say, we will not be going there again any time soon.

2 comments:

Ree said...

Ugh-- I HATE that!!

Ree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.