Sunday, August 31, 2008

Is He For Real?

Declan feels(and tells people) that we treat him like a slave. He says that all he does is work. He is always having to do things and never has any fun. So, I decided to take a look at how tough his life is, and I found this: (He will be 7 in October) He has his own room with a Queen size bed, TV/VCR/DVD(with directv), and a closet full of toys; onto the playroom where he keeps his DS(with atleast 6 games), legos, and a bucket full his own craft supplies(all three have their own); The living room houses the Wii that we bought because HE really wanted it and he plays 90% of the time; outside there is a swing set, bikes, balls, bug catchers and water balloons(but poor boy, those he shares with his sisters:); Last there is the car, the car that we picked(over the one Husband and I really wanted with the moon roof) because it has a DVD player and Declan has his own pair of $50 head phones.

I do not know where I get off asking him to clean up his own room and toys, or feed the dog(which is not everyday), or let the dog out(yes, open the back door), or turn the water on for the baby to wash her hands, or put HIS clothes in the dirty wash. WOW, I am one mean mom. I should really treat him better!

No comments: