Friday, August 8, 2008

I Am Still Here!

We have not disappeared, we have just been running around like mad trying to fit everything into our last few days here. We have had something planned everyday after swimming this week so the kids are getting tired and grouchy(I am not sad that Ben will be back tonight:) Everyone is ready to sleep in their own beds and get back to Gus!

Yesterday afternoon we went to the park with my cousin and her two kids. It was really nice. The kids got along well and I was happy to spent time with my cousin again, it has been to long.

Wednesday after swimming, we went over to our very good friends house for pizza and pool time(yes, we needed more:) The kids are always happy to play there with so many toys inside and out. It doesn't hurt that Melissa always has ice cream for us:)

Wednesday night Bridget(my SIL) and I went to see Momma Mia! It was not good, but it was so bad that we laughed til we cried. There was a man, about 60, sitting in the row in front of us, and he sang EVERY song loudly and it was very funny. We had a nice time and it was cheap- 2 tickets, snacks and a drink for $22, so it was well worth it.

On Tuesday the kids napped after swimming because we had BIG dinner plans:) The monsters and I met my aunt and uncle out at the campground that my cousin and his new bride are staying at. We had dinner, the kids walked some trails it was fun. Although Declan has decided maybe he isn't into the whole camping thing:)

And Monday, we spent the day at the beach with Angie. It was just Ben, and the monsters and Angie. It was nice. The water was awesome. Low tide so the kids could play in the pools made by the sandbars. Killi is a swimming fool. She loves the ocean and has learned to body surf(she tries anyway:)

And that brings you up-to-date. I have some swimming pictures to put up and I hope to get some more beach pictures tomorrow. Then on Sunday we have a Christening to go to in the early afternoon, then we will be headed home. We will sleep in our beds Sunday night! I am very happy about this!

1 comment:

Ree said...

Sounds like a busy and FUN vacation!!