Saturday, May 23, 2009

Summer!!!!

Growing up in at the beach, Memorial Day weekend was always the start of summer, as it is most places, however a shore town in NJ meant it was the beginning of 12 weeks of BENNIES!!! Our town got invaded by totally obnoxious, cheesy as hell people from North Jersey or NY! They drank too much, partied too loud, blocked our driveways and caused traffic problems! Now, in addition to all of the very awful things they did, they did stimulate our local economy nicely, and we all knew that(shhh, don't tell;)

Being in the DC metro area for the past 13 years, I have missed the ritual of welcoming the BENNIES! And oh how I have missed it,not! I now see the Memorial Day Weekend in a new light. I now use the time to thank all the men and women that have severed and those that continue to serve in the armed forces and their families! Not a day goes by that my family and I are not gratefully for all you do for us. Thank You!

For all my friends back home, in spirit I am there chanting "BENNIES GO HOME!" with you!

Have a Safe and Fun Weekend!

No comments: