Sunday, November 8, 2009

I Miss Them...

On Tuesday, I left my two older monster and my husband to fly down to Florida to be with my parents for what was supposed to be a six day trip(which was very long to begin without them) and now I have chosen to extend the trip to next Thursday. I know that the monsters are fine and in very good hands, but I still miss them. What makes it harder is that I am a control-freak at home, so turning it all over to Ben has really not been easy! What I can say it that my husband has been a CHAMP! He has not complained once about me being gone and was so incredibly supportive when I decided to stay a few extra days. I will admit that 8 years ago when Declan was born, I would have NEVER imagined ever leaving the monsters with him for any period of time longer than a quick errand:) Yet he sits there in VA with two monsters and a Newfie! Two monsters that he has gotten up and dressed for school all week, put to bed every night and organized for school everyday. All this and he has still gone to work everyday. He did have help from his parents after school and for dinner, but still he has shouldered the responsibility on his own!

I miss them though! I miss waking a happy Killi in the morning and a grouchy Declan:) I miss knowing what is happening at school(first-hand:) I just miss them. It has also been a good long time since Ben and I spent this much time apart and in the past it was always him leaving:)

On Thursday I will be home and order will be restored. Ben and the monsters will make sure I know how much they missed me and I will get more hugs and kisses than I will know what to do with:) I know they are fine without me and I am doing okay without them, but I still miss them!

No comments: