Monday, August 10, 2009

Truth...

I know it is rare, but I feel I must share so truth here. First, I am truly looking forward to school starting, but only so that we have a schedule again. Second, I am truly hoping that this school year will be better for me than last year was. Third, I am a very disorganized person. Fourth, sometimes I wonder how I got the life I live. And fifth, I love my kids with all my heart!

I wish I could have been more organized this summer and that we could have done more as a family. I feel like the time is moving so quickly and that the kids will be off to college the next time I blink. I hate that! I wish time moved more slowly. I wish I could keep them little forever! Being a mom is getting harder and harder as they get older. There is more to do. More activities, more school work and more active parenting. When the kids were younger the days seemed "hard" with 100's of diapers and feeding and changing and playing, but now I see that that was the easy part. Now with the activities and homework and friendships and questions, it is really tough! I hate to see my kids be mistreated by other kids, but I know they need to learn to work that out and I know that the only way for them to learn is to ask questions, but some questions I am not ready to answers!

It is hard, this parenting thing! I am glad I have many friends to do it with!

No comments: