Friday, February 12, 2010

Are They Kidding?

It is no secret that I am not the biggest fan of Scouts, boys or girls, but after reading the brochure for Girl Scout Camp for Killi, I HATE SCOUTS!

The programs looked very interesting and the prices not insane. It was not even that far from home. I was reading along with Killi and she seemed interested in attending, so I was really reading through and considering it.

Then BAM!!! I get to the back page where they go through the arrangements of camp and they very BOLDLY and CLEARLY state that your camper will not be allowed to call home, you can only visit during designated times and there are adults in the living quarters.

All that is fine if my kid is 11,12...but not 7!!!! And sleep away camp starts at 5!!!! At 7, you are telling me to TRUST that my kid will be fine alone for a week and too bad if she is not, I will NEVER know!!!WTF!!!

It is safe to say that my monsters will NEVER go any place that tells me that they cannot call or see them, so long as I remain the boss of them!

Add this to the list of reason THAT I HATE SCOUTS!

1 comment:

Tribe Mama said...

That is why Haven didn't go...that just freaks me out!