Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Too Fast!

This morning while talking to my wonderful husband on the phone, for like the tenth time(I was very needy today:), he mentioned how fast the time has gone by with The Monsters. This got me thinking, which is never good and always leads to additional phone calls. The time has gone FAST! The days sometimes feel slow and LONG, but the years so fast. It really does seem like we just brought Declan home from the hospital to start this adventure going, but it wasn't. It was 8 1/2 years ago.

I sat and thought about how I made it through life with a 14 month old, and a newborn. Which at the time seemed hard, but only until I tried it again with a 3 1/2 yr old, a 27 month old and a newborn. Those days were LONG and there were times I was sure I was not going to make it until Ben got home from work, but I did and now, in the blink-of-an-eye I am the mother of an 8, 7 & nearly 5 year old.

When Maggie was born, Ben and I talked about me going back to work once the baby started kindergarten, which seemed like a lifetime away, now I am only 6 months from an empty house for the better part of the day. I am not sure how that happened!

While the time has gone by so quickly, I am happy that Ben has always pushed us to go on vacations. I often fought these trips especially in the early years, it is tough to travel with little ones, but we always went and looking back I am so happy we did. Happy because we have so many pictures and memories and easy reference points for life, but happier that we gave ourselves the time. Time to just be a family. Time to slow down and focus on us. It may only be a few weeks a year, but it is OUR TIME and I love and treasure that.

I still wish I could slow the big picture down, but I know it doesn't work like that. I know I need to enjoy each and everyday I get with Ben and the Monsters, sometimes I forget that...Today is NOT one of those days!

No comments: