Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fun! Fun! Fun!

We have spent the past two days livin' the good life around here! The weather has been GREAT! Yesterday, the Monsters skipped school and with the Kelleys, we spent the day in DC. We rode the Metro, which the kids love, then hit a few museums and the carousel on the Mall. It was an absolutely perfect day! And with the museums thrown-in, I feel like it was an educational day after all:)

Today was CRAZY with errands to run, Declan's football game and then a Taylor Swift concert out at UVA. The concert was a birthday gift for Marg. Before we hit the JPJ Arena at UVA, we made a quick stop at the Fashion Center in Charlottesville because they have a GAP and we do not and I could not let my 30% off go unused. I stocked up on ALL the girls clothes for summer, I am so excited. GAP clothes are my favorite for my girls because the wear so well and with my girls being as hard on clothes as they are, I need ones that will last. Usually however, I don't shop there as the clothes are a bit pricey, I always wait for the sales! Today, I got both! The dresses I wanted were ALL on sale and then I got my 30% off on top of that! For $200, I have all the clothes the girls need for summer!

After our shopping trip, we were off to the concert. There were LOTS and LOTS of little girls(not that I was expecting different:)! The opening act was LOUD and unknown. Kellie Pickler was good and funny as always and Taylor Swift while appearing to a bit high on herself, put on a very fun show that was age appropriate for the Monsters. She kept her clothes on the entire time and the was no stripper-pole which made her better than Hannah Montana. The girls had fun and that made Ben and I happy.

The ride home was LONG and now I am ready to sleep for days! I hope the kids sleep in just a little:)

No comments: