Wednesday, August 29, 2007

SCHOOL APPROACHING

Next week my son starts kindergarten. I have very mixed emotions about this. On one hand I am very happy he is growing up and going to school, but on the other hand he is my baby and kindergarten is full day. Last week we went over to the school for a pre-school screen, so they can place the students in the right classes. This was fine except that the kindergarten teacher that did the screening. She was old and matronly. I was not happy to see this. When I was teaching, the teachers ranged in age form just out of school to nearing retirement, but they never matronly. I hear that most of the teachers at my sons school at between 40 and 60. Is it impossible to get any new blood in the school? Just a bit of a mix would be good. I don't need the teachers to be 23, but my God one 30 year old would be nice. And yes, I know I am stressing for no reason. He is going to be fine. I sure he will even like it, but me, I am not sure. I am going to try and keep an open mind. Things will be good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't think of it as matronly, think of it as experienced. They have been doing this a long time, and know how to work with all different kids. New teachers may be fresh faced, but they also don't always know how to run a classroom.

He will do great!