Thursday, August 2, 2007

A LOOK AT LIFE

It is often difficult to remember how good life is. With the daily chores and troubles it is easy to feel overwhelmed. So, has been my life in recent weeks, until yesterday. That is when I remembered how lucky I really am and how good my life is.

I have a husband that does love me (even if he doesn't always know how to show it), and three perfect children (Perfect in that they are mine and healthy). What more could anyone need. I forget how nice it is to spend a quiet day with just the kids. It really does help.

Being at peace in my home life helps me balance the rest. I also forget (too often) that for my husband and children I set the mood and tone for the entire household. When mommy is sad and angry, it is hard for the others not to follow, and 5 unhappy, sulky people are not fun. It was amazing to see the mood in the whole house change when mine did. It was a much nicer day. I hope I can remember that.

So yesterday, I stopped and smelled the roses, and they were so very sweet!