Monday, August 27, 2007

A GOOD DAY!

Today was one. I feared after staying up way too late last night,and the girls waking up at 6:45, it was going to be bad. I am happy to say I was wrong. I got out of bed, Walked on the treadmill (I'm down 30lbs.),cleaned up the house, had my computer fixed, and did laundry all before noon.

Then the kids and I spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool. Almost four hours, it was wonderful. Declan and Killian both found friends to play with. It wasn't crowded. And Maggie swam on her own. A perfect summer day.

We got home around 4 and Ben followed shortly there after. I made dinner for the kids and sat with them while they ate. It was good family time.

By 6 o'clock both girls, having gotten up at 6:45 and no nap, were falling asleep on the couch. Off they went to bed at 6:30. Peace and Quiet, so why do I miss them? Yes, because it was a good day. The kind of day that makes it so easy to be a stay at home mom. The kind that makes you thankful for all you have been given.

No comments: