Monday, March 30, 2009

Alone...

Life as a mom with three little monsters is not always easy. There are some days where a 15 minute break is unheard of, where running from place to place seems endless, and when stopping to pee seems like a luxury:) But what makes those days a little easier, is when a monster says,"Thanks Mom! You are the best mom ever!" That makes it good!

Today was my first weekday alone since surgery. I was very spoiled having my mother here for an entire week to play the role of me while I recovered. The kids, not so spoiled by Grammy playing MOM for the week, she is MUCH more strict than I am:) But for me it was heaven! My house was cleaned everyday. Laundry done. Dinner made and cleaned up. Kids bathed and put to bed. I only had to do what I wanted to do for an entire week!

Back to reality! This morning I had to set my alarm, make the beds, get kids dressed, make breakfast all alone! I am happy to report that I am keeping up with all my mother started! The house is still clean and the laundry is all still done and put away, dishes too:) I am even being brave enough to invite friends over on Friday, thinking I can keep the house clean that long:) We'll see what happens-

No comments: